Who We Are
TCK International Academy (TCKIA) is an educational opportunity with a biblical worldview for families in transition. Our mission is to prepare Third Culture Kids (TCKs) academically, spiritually, and emotionally for postsecondary academics and careers. We understand that educational choices for children can be difficult to navigate when living cross-culturally. TCKIA is not a homeschool program, but an official distance-education school serving TCKs. The school was created to meet the specialized academic needs of mobile families. TCKIA gives families an educational center that simultaneously connects them with TCKs and certified faculty.
HOW WE STARTED
TCK International Academy was founded by the TCK International educational support team, who had a vision to provide the finest distance education that would help students transition as they live abroad. TCKIA started in fall 2017 with 42 students in grades 3–12 from 6 regions and 16 countries. TCKIA continues to grow every year and now offers curriculum for students in Kindergarten through 12th grade. TCKIA is a nonprofit organization, governed by a board of trustees.
What We Provide
- Fully accredited distance education for kids in transition, grades K–12
- Registered with the State of Missouri as an educational institution
- Ignitia curriculum (Alpha Omega Publications), available on Windows and Mac (for 3rd through 12th grades)
- Book/paper curriculum for students in Kindergarten through 2nd grade with teacher support
- No special software needed; internet connection (cable or DSL) the only requirement
- Academic records, transcripts, and high school diplomas included
- Review of existing academic records for transfer
- Teacher support
- Facilitating student learning
- Grading at checkpoints and tracking student progress
- Experience with TCKs
- Tuition: $3,500 per year (curriculum and teacher support)
- Current subjects: Bible, History/Geography, Language Arts, Math, Science, and some electives
In the next three years, we plan to add:
- A paper/book based curriculum option for grades 3 through 12
- More electives
- Online connections with other TCK students in the same grade
We are thankful for the TCKIA team working so hard and for your patience and flexibility!